Pre-6G Video Moaning :)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by douglasgottlieb, Sep 5, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2007
    Okay, I admit that I should wait for the forthcoming 6G video Nano and Touch Screen iPods to officially arrive before moaning about what they don't do or what Apple *DIDN'T* announce, but I can't help myself...

Because as excited about the touch screen iPod as I am, what I REALLY want is something bigger than an iPhone/iPod, but smaller than a notebook.

Smaller than a notebook probably means we don't need a built in keyboard, so how about a 10 inch touchscreen Mac tablet? Would be the perfect iLife-web-surfing, media playing portable.

Unlikely as that fantasy is, here's hoping the iPod touch at least does wifi and web.
  2. macrumors regular

May 24, 2007
    Surrey, UK
  3. macrumors regular

Jun 26, 2006
    That's a nice idea, I'd buy one.

Take a look at this:

It's a MacBook modded into a tablet-form. It runs Mac OS X fine, I've used one before and it runs on the exact same hardware as a stock MacBook.

Why not make a smaller, more portable version of this? 10-inches would be fine. Apple used to make 12" iBooks, they were easy to use (the screen size was fine in Mac OS X) so 10" shouldn't be a problem - finding the right hardware to run Mac OS X would, but it seems possible.

It would be great for people who needed a new laptop, but either didn't have enough money or didn't want to carry a big computer everywhere they go (laptop screens are getting bigger and bigger now, not everyone wants to carry a 17" widescreen computer around with them).