Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quik

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2005
Montreal (Canada)
Mine got delivered 20 minutes ago.

FYI, ordered a white 16GB wi-fi on Saturday 10 (early morning). Got shipment notice on Sunday and got it delivered today.

StevieWonderMic

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Toronto
Mine got delivered 20 minutes ago.

FYI, ordered a white 16GB wi-fi on Saturday 10 (early morning). Got shipment notice on Sunday and got it delivered today.

In Ontario, and you got in Montreal the same time as moi?

Someone signed for mine @ work :D

I hope all of you get yours.

HeySamantha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
Last status update for mine was "Departed FedEx facility - Memphis, TN" 24 hours ago. No tracking information since. I have no idea where it went :(

HeySamantha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
still no new tracking info, 6 hours after my last post. Has this happened to anyone else?? It departed Memphis like I said in my above post.. it HAD to of gone somewhere! Wherever it went hasn't tracked it as "arrived".

wmacdonald

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
still no new tracking info, 6 hours after my last post. Has this happened to anyone else?? It departed Memphis like I said in my above post.. it HAD to of gone somewhere! Wherever it went hasn't tracked it as "arrived".

I think you've said you are in HRM (as am I)...

In my case (with UPS), it left Louisville on the 16th at 18:24 and was scanned in Mount Hope, ON on the 20th just past midnight. Mind you, that was over a weekend, but it still seems excessive for a 884 km journey! :confused:

From there, it was delivered that same day, the 20th.

I tend to wonder if part of the problem/delay was the "hand over" from UPS to Purolator. Perhaps you're encountering a similar problem, if a third-party carrier is involved. I don't know if FedEx runs their own trucks locally - do you know?

I received an Apple shipment last week (a cable) which they shipped by FedEx, but it was a guy in street clothes driving a minivan who delivered it!

Good luck!

HeySamantha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
I think you've said you are in HRM (as am I)...

In my case (with UPS), it left Louisville on the 16th at 18:24 and was scanned in Mount Hope, ON on the 20th just past midnight. Mind you, that was over a weekend, but it still seems excessive for a 884 km journey! :confused:

From there, it was delivered that same day, the 20th.

I tend to wonder if part of the problem/delay was the "hand over" from UPS to Purolator. Perhaps you're encountering a similar problem, if a third-party carrier is involved. I don't know if FedEx runs their own trucks locally - do you know?

I received an Apple shipment last week (a cable) which they shipped by FedEx, but it was a guy in street clothes driving a minivan who delivered it!

Good luck!

I am in HRM, yeah.

Strange, you'd think I would find out though? I only have this one tracking number which is with FedEx.

wmacdonald

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I am in HRM, yeah.

Strange, you'd think I would find out though? I only have this one tracking number.

It's frustrating as anything.

Have you tried a site like "packagetrackr.com"? They give more info than the actual courier site does (at least for UPS). I just discovered this in the last few days, so it is new to me. Perhaps to everyone else it is old news!

For instance, while my iPad sat in Louisville, I was able to see "Location Scans" on Packagetrackr, which didn't show up on the UPS website. At least I knew it was still somewhere in the system.

HeySamantha

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
It's frustrating as anything.

Have you tried a site like "packagetrackr.com"? They give more info than the actual courier site does (at least for UPS). I just discovered this in the last few days, so it is new to me. Perhaps to everyone else it is old news!

For instance, while my iPad sat in Louisville, I was able to see "Location Scans" on Packagetrackr, which didn't show up on the UPS website. At least I knew it was still somewhere in the system.

I've never heard of it so I checked it out. Check it out, if the image is right.. it's well past Memphis and about half way here. Could that truck image be right, though? I hope it is hahaha

mwz71i.png

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
No idea, but I'm not doing pre-order anymore. pre-order and I get it a week late? *********. This was my first and last pre-order.

Agreed. I got mine finally and LOVED it.

However, I went into my local Wal-Mart a week after the iPad was released and they had plenty in stock while my iPad was stuck in Ontario somewhere.

bromda

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2011
Hey guys, I pre-ordered 16 GB iPad but I want to return it and exchange it with 32 GB iPad. Can I go into the Apple store in Vancouver and do an exchange with just paying the differerence?

seclusion

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2007
I had preordered mine, a 64/4G Black on Mar 10th, for delivery on Mar 21.
Went to grab a coffee on the 16th, looked at my local Staples at 7:45, there was nobody in line. So I was first, got what I wanted, came home, while I was syncing, I just cancelled the preorder.
Totally forgot to grab my coffee!
Ya I'm geek.
Love my New iPad.
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.