Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have 2 pages of a PDF document that I am trying to merge into 1.

Basically I need it to be a 2 column document and for some reason it would only let me do 1 column each. So on Page 2 I've cut just the piece I need in Preview but it won't let me place it on top of page 1 at all.

Is this even possible? If so how please. =)

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
I have 2 pages of a PDF document that I am trying to merge into 1.

Basically I need it to be a 2 column document and for some reason it would only let me do 1 column each. So on Page 2 I've cut just the piece I need in Preview but it won't let me place it on top of page 1 at all.

Is this even possible? If so how please. =)

I have never used Preview in this way.

Do you have any program for page layout?

Pages costs $20 on the app store and there even cheaper alternatives at the same location. Adobe's InDesign is the best product out there, but it can be expensive.

Any way, I'd get some kind of page layout program and do what you're trying to do there.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have never used Preview in this way.

Do you have any program for page layout?

Pages costs $20 on the app store and there even cheaper alternatives at the same location. Adobe's InDesign is the best product out there, but it can be expensive.

Any way, I'd get some kind of page layout program and do what you're trying to do there.

I have Pages and Word 2011 but neither can do what I'm asking. I got it to work using an alternative method:

Used Preview to delete every page but the 1 I needed. Then opened it in Pixelmator (like Photoshop) and opened the other document I needed merged with it in Pixelmator as well. Saved them as a .png and then dropped the text on top. Saved as PDF and it worked perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.