Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
This might be asked before but i can't find it...
Is the price in the website, same as the price as the local store?
I mean, if u buy online, is the price for the same product the same if u go and get it at the local store?

hansen

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2004
Denmark
DarkNetworks said:
This might be asked before but i can't find it...
Is the price in the website, same as the price as the local store?
I mean, if u buy online, is the price for the same product the same if u go and get it at the local store?

I managed to get some rebate in the local store. I asked him i prefer I shopped with him or I should buy on-line. Of course he preferred I shopped as his place, so I asked for a rebate for that - and got it.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
hansen said:
This was not one of Apple's own stores, so that might make the difference

I thought apple had a minimum advertised price thing going on.
That's why at Apple it's $999, at reseller it's $999, at amazon, it's $999.

And when amazon offers rebates, they still have the minimum advertised price, but it's crossed out and they "can't show you a price this low!!1!!one!"

...I know they do that for a certain brand of viola cases. :p (I loves me the BAM case!)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
gwuMACaddict said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

yes, why wouldn't it be?

Many stores have different online and retail prices. Walmart is one such place. Heck their stores aren't even the same throughout a city. Their prices are all over the place, and one store can't match another store's, or the online store's, price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.