Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
Hi everyone. I have a small question. I am thinking of making two investments. A 17" MBP and a Epson Stylus Photo RX620. The thing is though, from my experience with Mac's and printers, to get them to work with the Mac, you have to use the install CD that comes with the printer. But if I bought the Epson, would the install CD be compatible with an Intel Mac. Hopefully you know what I mean. Thanks.:confused:

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
jamescwarren said:
Hi everyone. I have a small question. I am thinking of making two investments. A 17" MBP and a Epson Stylus Photo RX620. The thing is though, from my experience with Mac's and printers, to get them to work with the Mac, you have to use the install CD that comes with the printer. But if I bought the Epson, would the install CD be compatible with an Intel Mac. Hopefully you know what I mean. Thanks.:confused:

someone here can chime in about Epson, however, I use an HP Laser printer, when my Intel iMac came, I just plugged it in, clicked print and it started printing with no problem, I didn't need the CD or any drivers. Epson is known to be Apple friendly. An Mac OS X comes with printer drivers...hope that helps :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.