Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

regre7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'm buying a lot of Mac stuff in a few weeks (I'm switching!:D ), and I'm taking advantage of the $100 rebate for certain printers when you buy a Mac. I'm also buying a refurb AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes, and I'd like to hook the printer up to the AP Base Station via USB. I've looked through iFelix's list of compatible printers, and I can't find the one I'd like to get on there, the Canon PIXMA iP5200. The iP5000 is on there. I don't want to buy a printer that won't connect to the Base Station. Does anyone know if it's compatible, and if not, another good printer that is (and is also covered by the printer rebate, and preferably the same or less price)?

Thanks.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
regre7 said:
I'm buying a lot of Mac stuff in a few weeks (I'm switching!:D ), and I'm taking advantage of the $100 rebate for certain printers when you buy a Mac. I'm also buying a refurb AirPort Express Base Station with AirTunes, and I'd like to hook the printer up to the AP Base Station via USB. I've looked through iFelix's list of compatible printers, and I can't find the one I'd like to get on there, the Canon PIXMA iP5200. The iP5000 is on there. I don't want to buy a printer that won't connect to the Base Station. Does anyone know if it's compatible, and if not, another good printer that is (and is also covered by the printer rebate, and preferably the same or less price)?

Thanks.

have you checked canon website or emailed there support? If their are mac drivers for the printer contact their mac support for the "official" answer.

HP actually has a list on their website with airport compatible printers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00035369

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.