Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris SD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
San Diego
I was wondering if anyone knew how to print, if it is possible at all, digital images with the effect that looks as if the film is still in the film cradle?

I mostly see this effect in surf magazines,such as transworld, and I think this add's such a cool, creative effect to certain photographs.

Thank you for any information.

Chris

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Chris SD said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how to print, if it is possible at all, digital images with the effect that looks as if the film is still in the film cradle?

You are going to have to tell us what a "film cradle" is. I've done a bit of darkroom work to and never hear the term.

Do you mean contact prints where you can see the edges of the film and sproket holes?

Chris SD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
San Diego
Printing with film cradle effect

Yes, exactly. The item that holds your film in an enlarger and you see the sproket holes on the contact print.

Sorry if I was not clear enough earlier.

tektonnic

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Bucks, UK
I've always drawn in illustrator and added in photoshop, you can create and action or droplet to speed it up on multiple photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.