Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucaspkm

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
Hi guys,

Wanted to check with you guys will printopia works with xserve OS 10.6.5, I have try open up ports and sharing on the server it seems the same can't print any idea to solve the issue and make it work on servers?

bigbearf

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Printopia and Mac Mini Server Works

I have a 2009 MMS and Printopia works just fine. It found my wireless HP printer and scanner and works like a charm. Just installed it and enabled the settings under System Preferences.
bigbearf

lucaspkm

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I have a 2009 MMS and Printopia works just fine. It found my wireless HP printer and scanner and works like a charm. Just installed it and enabled the settings under System Preferences.
bigbearf

you mean it work with snow leopard server edition OS

etchtech09

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
I just tried to use Printopia here on my network (running G5 10.5 Server) but I ran into an issue where my wireless network and wired network are on different subnets and bonjour doesn't play nicely over subnets.

I have also had issues with different wireless routers that don't allow bonjour to have communication between wired devices and wireless devices, even on the same subnet.

Either of these two problems could be ailing you, at least worth checking out.

lucaspkm

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2010
I just tried to use Printopia here on my network (running G5 10.5 Server) but I ran into an issue where my wireless network and wired network are on different subnets and bonjour doesn't play nicely over subnets.

I have also had issues with different wireless routers that don't allow bonjour to have communication between wired devices and wireless devices, even on the same subnet.

Either of these two problems could be ailing you, at least worth checking out.

well i allow all the ports and our subnet is the same wired nor wireless and still unable to print with printopia through the servers, however is able to work with a normal mac system which runs on 10.6.5 with printopia installed. just trying to make the server host that service but no matter how hard i try just can't seem to make it work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.