Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattpol

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2002
New York, NY
I have a slight Apple Pro Keyboard problem. Dirt and dust gets in through the keys, and then is visible through the clear casing.

has anyone elese experienced this, and is the a way to clean inside the case???

-matt

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Take it apart and clean it.

There is one screw hidden behind the sticker on back.

The rest are quite visible.

Though it is helpfull to have another keyboard available so you know where all the keys go when you put it back together.

BongHits

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
chicago
Re: Pro Keyboard Problem....

Originally posted by mattpol
I have a slight Apple Pro Keyboard problem. Dirt and dust gets in through the keys, and then is visible through the clear casing.

has anyone elese experienced this, and is the a way to clean inside the case???

-matt
dude now that u said that...i turned my keyboard over and i have chunks of weed at the bottom :eek:
how do i take the keyboard apart (serial number sticker must be removed to find hidden screw??????) and what kind of tool would fit those heads...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Set of allen wrenches (small) and phillips screwdrivers (small).

I just used one of the bigger assorted jewelers screwdriver sets.

You'll notice that the sticker must be pulled back (you can feel the hole) to get the hidden screw and also keys on the keyboard must come off (makes it easier to clean under the keys -- but you should be able to see where keyboard is screwed into the back panel).

Other than that you should be able to see where the screws are located.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.