Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Has anyone had trouble getting Pro Tools LE 6.4 (in OS 10.3.9) to recognize an S/PDIF signal? I'm trying to send the signal from my Line 6 Pod Pro's S/PDIF output into my Digi 001 and Pro Tools just won't see it even though I've got it set correctly in the mix window's input module, the Hardware Setup window, and the I/O Setup window. Ironically, the S/PDIF works fine when I boot into OS 9 and use Pro Tools 5.2, but I hate doing that because after using OS X, OS 9 is painful! Does anyone have a solution to this latest example of Digidesign's technological regression? Man, I have so many problems with their stuff....

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Well, it's hardly the latest example, 6.4 being more than a year old etc.

Try powering the system down and then power the pod up first then the Mac, with all connections in place.

S/PDIF can be picky about it's connection and clocking cycle.

Invizzible

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Already tried that, but no dice. I just tried it with my Mbox though, and the S/PDIF input on it works with 6.4. The bummer is that my Mbox has no MIDI jack, and I need that (and my Digi 001 has it, but I still can't get its S/PDIF input to wake up and smell the signal).

I realize it's not the latest version of Pro Tools LE, but as far as I know it's the most recent version that will work with Panther, which is what I have. The really surprising thing to me is that it works fine in Pro Tools LE 5.2, but not in a much more recent version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.