Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
I have an .avi clip I want to mail someone. Since the original file is 176 MB, I decided to try the share option in QT Pro. But as soon as it starts compressing, it says "failed", with a -2126 code.

I´ve tried trashing the .plist files, and done a restart. I get the same result with the export function.

Any ideas what to do?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Plugin incompatibilities can get in the way and cause that error sometimes. Try pulling divx, flip4mac, or whatever you don't need (for this clip) out of your plugins, start up QuickTime again, and try again.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
A quick Google search reveals that Flip4Mac seems to be causing the problem. Removing Flip4Mac should solve the problem.

The guys over at Flip4Mac aren't doing so well. It's unbelievable that Microsoft dumped all of their WMP business on them and doesn't seem to be assisting them at all. Flip4Mac seems to be in way over their heads. Fixes take forever, still no Universal Binary, etc.

annk

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
That worked! I pulled F4M, Divx and something else I didn't even remember putting in there, and the export worked like a charm (that is, it's exporting now, and all seems to be good).

Thank you so much for the incredibly quick help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.