Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emilyks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
I put music on my ipod manually- the only thing I sync is photos. But recently when I try to sync photos it'll stop halfway through and delete all the music on my ipod. It's weird- all of my playlists and songs on my ipod will appear in itunes, but they won't play and they have an exclamation mark next to them. the first time this happened they still showed up on my ipod, only grayed out and unable to be played, but now it's the second time it's happened and they won't show up at all. i lost over 2000 songs when this happened and i spent hours upon hours tracking down all my songs just to have it happen again today. someone please help!!! i'm at my wit's end here!!

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
The exclamation marks in your iTunes library mean that the songs are not found on your computer. More precisely, it means that the songs once existed and could be played within your iTunes library on your PC but iTunes has since lost track of these songs and does not know where they are located.

did you recently move your itunes media folder from one location to the next? did you recently unplug an external drive which contained your iTunes songs from your computer?

emilyks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
they don't have the "!" in itunes. everything is itunes is fine. it's only when i view my ipod music through itunes that they have the "!". sorry if that wasnt clear

emilyks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2013
i'm syncing via cable. i went back and tried to sync again but it didn't fix anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.