Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valter.M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
First of all, thank you for hosting in your forum.
Recently I buy a MacBook Air 13" (early 2015) in sostitution of MacBook pro 13" (2011).
Till now I use the macbook pro connected via thunderbolt at my video Cinema 27" and the ethernet at the RJ45 plug. Whit the new Mac Air, the RJ45 disappear and exist only one thunderbolt plug (plus 2 USB). The problem is that I cannot connect both the Cinema video and the ethernet (using the thundebolt-Rj45 connector) at the same plug! Exist some solutions?
Thank you in advance.
Valter

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
There are USB gigabit ethernet adapters, I got one of these several years ago. One nice feature is that it's also a USB hub. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/inateck-hbu3vl3-4-ethernet-converter-review.1731986/

Since that's an old thread, I should add that in further testing with that ethernet adapter and a file server on my LAN, I was getting transfer speeds of 100MB/sec or better.

I haven't really looked at ethernet options for awhile, there may be some newer ones available now.

Valter.M

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
Thank you,
I buy one inateck adapter and work very well.
Thank you very much
Valter

Reactions: Boyd01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.