Problem with fantastical

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chalmers4three, Aug 27, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Jul 15, 2012
    i love the app but it keeps asking for my ical icloud password. i click for it to remember it in the key chain but it keeps popping up. anybody else having this issue?
  2. macrumors Core

Jan 23, 2005
    Working fine for me.

Try this... quit the app then delete Fantastical prefs and cache by running the following two terminal commands.

Then start the app and reenter the iCloud info.

rm –f ~/Library/Preferences/com.flexibits.fantastical.plist
    rm –rf ~/Library/Caches/com.flexibits.fantastical	
  3. macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2012
    Having the exact same problem.

Resetting preferences did not do the trick. Running Mountain Lion.
  4. macrumors Core

Jan 23, 2005
    I see others in their Twitter feed are having the same problem and they were told to contact support for help.

I am using the Mac App Store version. Maybe you are using their direct DL version (?) and that is the difference. :confused:
  5. macrumors 68020

Feb 16, 2012
    if it this to do with the app store/dl version...

i can report I am using the app store version and it also works.
  6. macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2012
    Not sure if you use your google account with iCal/Fantastical, but I do and I was having the same problem. Got it resolved. I went into Keychain Access and used Keychain First Aid. Verified and Repaired. Not sure if you need to do that. After that, I found and highlighted the password. From there, I clicked the info button and the Access Control tab. I allowed all applications access. Not sure if this will work for you, but it's what I did and I no longer have the issue of it asking me to log in every time I quit and restart the program. Good luck.
  7. macrumors member

Jan 28, 2011
    I think I found the solution to this problem. If you check your keychains for, double click, click on access control tab, and check on "allow all applications to access this item". I assuming this has to be done because there may be other applications that work with Fantastical to sync dates and reminders within iCal and iCloud. The only way I think you can avoid check off "allow all applications to access this item" is if you can pinpoint any applications that can be affected by it.
  8. macrumors newbie

May 12, 2010

To the few people who have mentioned the keychain fix for this issue.
    Are you using a patched copy of the program?
    The #1 reason I can think of for OS X to not grant ongoing keychain access to an application is it that application no longer passes whatever check it does to ensure the application has not been modified. It will compare the application with a signature and determine if it is in its original state. If the application does not pass this check, it is likely OS X will not grant the application access to the keychain. Fantastical when then have to prompt you each time it requires the password.
    By setting the Key in question to allow all applications to access it, you effectively turn off the application check.
  9. macrumors 6502

May 20, 2002
    At the risk of reopening a dead thread, I just went through the fix: Keychain Access, find the Goo. Calendar password, remove access to Fantastical, restore access. In my case, I am pretty sure the problem was an upgrade breaking the access permissions.
  10. macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2013
    "Allow All Applications to Access This Item" Keychain Password Prompt SOLVED v1.3.9

Just wanted to confirm that the "Allow All Applications to Access this item" option in Keychain Access for the ...caldav.icloud keychain item DID in fact solve the issue of the persistent password prompt upon fantastical startup. Thank you DRGN89 and jonathan999 :D
  11. macrumors newbie

Dec 12, 2002
    App-specific Password and 2-Factor on iCloud

I was having the same problem after changing my iCloud password but the fix for me was to generate an app-specific password for Fantastical. Apparently this is needed if you use 2-factor authentication with iCloud.

From their FAQ, here:

Apple's info here:
  12. macrumors member

Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks me a lot...