Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
mi
I recently upgraded to OpenOffice 1.1.2, and I've run into a little snag. Right now, I'm finishing up a tri-fold brochure for my wife, and I can't seem to get the font I'm using (chalkboard, for the main text) to be Bold. If I hit the bold button, or do a control b, it shows in the toolbar that I've set the text to bold, but the text doesn't change a bit. The font works fine with bold in Appleworks, so I have no idea why this would be happening. Other fonts seem to work okay, but my wife would really like me to use this font.

Any thoughts? what could be wrong, what could fix it? short of doing it in Appleworks... OpenOffice works much better IMHO...

p.s. if i change the formatted paragraph to another font, the proper text is bold, but as soon as I change it back, nadda.

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
I've had all kinds of problems with fonts in X11. I think that it is probably something to do witht he font server used by whatever version of X11 you are running. Unfortunately, I do not have the skill or knowledge to help you fix the situation, but that is what I think is causing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.