Problem with Google in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by powerbook911, Aug 11, 2010.

1. macrumors 68040

powerbook911

A few weeks ago I began to develop a problem when using Google search (google.com) in Safari.

It takes me there. However, when I enter my search term and submit, it just returns me to Google.com.

I then reenter the search term again, and this second time, it always works.

What's up? I have tried clearing cookies and cache. Firefox does not display this behavior nor other Macs I have even under Safari.

Many thanks.

2. macrumors newbie

trash the safari preference file
    or Safari > Reset Safari

3. macrumors newbie

safari and google and google searches

I am having the strangest problem with Safari and google. When I type in www.google.com I get a blank screen. In the google search bar of the taskbar when I search it also is blank. Very puzzling. I looked online with no help. then I tried this. I did a search on firefox it worked fine. Then I copied the url and pasted it in the safari browser it worked but a little padlock showed up in the corner. When I clicked on the little icon it said
    class 3 public primary certificate authority
    pointing at google
    I also realize that the search said firefox not google.

4. macrumors member

Also having a few issues with Safari. Actually disabled some extensions (AdBlock esp.) and everything works fine. Make sure you don't have troublesome extensions installed.

5. macrumors newbie