1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

OS X Problem with Half Life

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Irishman, Feb 15, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

I'm having a problem with HL (I know it's hard to believe but I'm playing it for the first time ever). I've been going through the Black Mesa training, and have gotten to the part where you get on the train and hit the use key to travel forward into a dark tunnel.

The lady's voice says I've passed my training course, but the screen goes black , I can't move, and the game goes back to the main start menu screen.

What gives? WTH am I doing wrong?

2. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I think that means you finished the tutorial. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the main game and the tutorial are separate though.

3. macrumors 68020

Yup, you were right.

Damn, this is a creepy game.

4. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

For anybody else who still hasn't played Half Life 1, it's mere two quid on the steam right now.:)

I was wondering, is it possible to put Opposing Force and Blue Shift into the Mac version of Half Life and switch between them in the menu?

5. macrumors 65816

tevion5

Yeah it still sends shivers down my spine in 2013! :D

6. macrumors 6502

Lark.Landon

Yeah it is. Awesome too!

7. macrumors 68020

I have to wait til Wednesday before I can really crank it. (My next day off).

8. macrumors member

don't forget that Black Mesa (the user-made free remake of Half Life with HL2 graphics) is available now - it's great. http://www.blackmesasource.com/

9. macrumors 6502a

No Mac version.

10. g-7
    macrumors 6502

g-7

There is an unofficial Cider port to be found on the web. Works quite well on OS X.