Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
Sorry about that, I don't know why it just posted 3 of those in less than a second. I was typing and it just gave me an error saying the forum requires 10 seconds before posting again... don't understand how I could have posted 3 times in that amount of time... so sorry. :/

So on to my real problem.
I've done a search, didnt turn up any results. The only problem people seem to be having with AICS is that it quits on them. I have an entirely different problem.

When I use Illustrator the guide lines are not blue. They are, in fact, black. If I drag another guide (parallel or perpendicular to the first) over the first one, it will "uncover" parts of the blue line. If I do get some blue showing, as soon as I scroll, they all go black again. Almost every time I want to move one of them, I have to click unlock guides. If I neglect to unlock them and click on a guide, it takes me to the Finder. If I am trying to move an object, and I place it on a guide, often times it will make a picture clipping and save it to my desktop. I have no clue what this means. It happens the same way on my tower and on the laptop which I was issued by my school. I am using the KeyAccess version of AICS on both computers, downloaded from the school's server. It is the full version, the only difference being that it requires access to our key server to open. So I don't see how that could be the problem, however I have no hard copy to check this theory.

I have repaired permissions, trashed pref and .plist files, and even zapped pram and run fsck on both machines, to no avail. I am completely and utterly confused. Does anyone know what I can do?

Thank you!

XNine

macrumors 68040
I know that a LOT of the 1st CREATIVE SUITE had bugs, glitches, and errors in it, thus they released CS 2 as a pay-for upgrade (which is silly in itself). CS 2 fixes all of these previous issues, but I've never heard of this particular problem.

This may be one of those problems that the new suite fixes.

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
i was going to update to 11.0.1 but they only version of the i could find was the japanese download. i found one update that just involved replacing some files, so maybe thats why it still says i have 11.0. i dunno. where can i find updates? all the ones on the adobe site are for cs2 from what i can tell.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Muskie said:
i was going to update to 11.0.1 but they only version of the i could find was the japanese download. i found one update that just involved replacing some files, so maybe thats why it still says i have 11.0. i dunno. where can i find updates? all the ones on the adobe site are for cs2 from what i can tell.

All downloads for Adobe products are here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html
Select the program you want to upgrade and it will give you the download options.

If you are using Illustrator CS then you'll want to download the updaters for
Version 11.0.2
1.9MB Adobe Illustrator CS 11.0.2 update - multiple languages

Muskie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Minneapolis
aricher said:
All downloads for Adobe products are here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/main.html
Select the program you want to upgrade and it will give you the download options.

If you are using Illustrator CS then you'll want to download the updaters for
Version 11.0.2
1.9MB Adobe Illustrator CS 11.0.2 update - multiple languages

well i just tried that, i think its the one i tried before, and it still doesn't work. besides the weird guides, it also takes about 15 seconds to open a new document. if i hit apple-n or go file>new my computer will think for about 10-15 seconds before finally prompting me with document settings. this is so weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.