Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davideo78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Ive been experiencing difficulties when taking a full quality dv (quicktime) file from final cut pro and burning it onto dvd. The good quality is apparent but there are occasional clusters of pixels. I am baffled by the fact that the quality is prestine when played on the computer from the file. I have been using the video section of Toast titanium to burn the disc and was wondering if anyone knew why this is happening and how I can solve it. Its driving me mad.

gammamonk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2004
Madison, WI
Toast will need to re-encode DV to mpeg2. Maybe that's were the issues arise. I don't like using Toast for making DVDs. I have Toast 6 Lite ( came with my new DVD Burner) and it works, but there are often sound-sync issues etc.

PegasusMedia

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I second gammamonk. Toast has given me hassles as well. Why not just use iDVD? It's a great program. I have yet to burn a disc that has not played back perfectly.

davideo78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
I cant use IDvd because it doesnt seem to be compatable with the external lacie dvd burner im using. Can you think of any software that is compatible.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2005
davideo78 said:
I cant use IDvd because it doesnt seem to be compatable with the external lacie dvd burner im using. Can you think of any software that is compatible.
iLife 06 should be compatible. I use a Lacie D2 DL DVD burner with my combo-drive Powerbook G4.

wattage

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2005
Check Apple's website and it says to use a third party burner with iDVD you need to save it as a disk image first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.