Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nintendo1138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Hi guys. I've got a great problem to work on...

I got an iMac Dv+ Slot loading blue thing...it's a 450Mhz, 380MB ram, and maybe a bad Airport card, but maybe not. I've tried two cards, one adapter and get nothing. The Airport Administrator Utility just won't find a Wireless accesspoint. But I have one that I use it's a Me102 Netgear and to add insult it works with my buddies G4 PB with Airport Extreme....So I know the Access Point can be seen. I'm running OS10.3, and I'm using the airport card cause my onbaord network card is dead...could this dead NIC be screwing up my airport set up too?

I got this Mac for free, some lady fried her DVD player and HDD, I replaced both, I'm getting ready to replace the Motherboard...but not if you people have any tips first.

Thanks in a Advance.

osprey76

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2004
Oklahoma City, OK
Does the AirPort card show up in Apple System Profiler? If you can't see it there, the computer can't see it for whatever reason. With three other major components being fried, it seems like the AirPort area may have been hit, too. Have you looked at the motherboard for damage? I would expect the Ethernet is on the motherboard and it is inoperable.

nintendo1138

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2004
Thank you for replying, yes the system profiler sees the Airport card, i have two now, both work in my buddies Ibook...but no in my Mac, i have inspected the MBO for damage, however unless something is burnt or on fire i may not know what to look for. The ethernet card sees a Network connection, but refuses to accept an IP address or ping out to the hub...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.