Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Hi,

At the moment I am having trouble pairing my Apple bluetooth keyboard with my PowerMac G5. At first I thought it was the batteries, but have replaced them twice now and the problem continues to occur.

When I go to pair the two together, the computer can detect the keyboard and takes me to the screen where you have to enter a numbered code and hit return for the two to pair. However, when I enter the code an hit return, the pairing process does not complete and finish.
Earlier today, I got the two to pair an dhtouhg thtye working fine for about 15 minutes, yet the keyboard cut out and since then the pairing problems have reoccured.

I would be very greatful if anyone could offer any advice, because at the moment I'm stuck with only a mouse and am having to use an old, nackered PC.

Thanks.

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
One possibility is the battery connections try revolving batteries a few times to ensure a decent contact.I had this prob with my keyboard,of course as mj says if could be faulty.(I say this because it appears to be a intermittent fault which could easily be battery connections).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.