Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Hi there! Im having a few issues when transferring files (jpeg,tiff etc) from my 1gb Microdrive to my new Macbook. At first i thought the card was damaged or the files corrupt, however the files open up fine on a windows xp system? The card needs to be formatted in the camera to function. Is it the camera a Fuji 602z with the issue, or the card??? Very confused..... Help Please

Cheers Al

[Moderator note: 4 threads on this topic have been merged.]

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
jpg + jpeg + tiff issues on microdrive!

Hi all i am fairly new to all this apple lark however would consider myself a fairly experienced computer user, this issue has me a little confused. I have an old fuji 602z digital camera that suits me down to the ground and use a 1gb hitatchi microdrive for photo storage. Heres the confusing bit..... when i take photos on the camera i can transfer my photos with a reader fine, however my MAC BOOK says the files are corrupt or the extension is invalid when i come to open them up??? They open up fine on my windows machine??

They are standard JPEGS or TIFF

Have tried formatting the card in disk utility fat 32 and fat 16......plus numerous ones for mac

Any ideas please????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Memory Card issues!!! HELP

HI all. Im having issues with copying photos from my 1gb hitatchi microdrive to my mac book. The photos etc transfer fine onto a windows pc but wont open up on my mac??? I get file is corrupt or extension not found????

Any Ideas or help would be gratefully received!

P.S Have tried formatting in fat 32, fat 16 and several mac based ones and has of yet had no luck. Other files work fine e.g txt documents.

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Get this!!! If i dont use my digital slr and say use my phone which has a decent 3.2 mp set up integrated, then transfer the images using bluetooth it all works fine. If i then take the photos that work fine put them onto my memory card, then put them back onto the hard drive it wont recognise them???? im very confused!

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Am using a decent card reader! A USB 2.0 dazzle 6 in one thing. ?????

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Im away at uni never used the lead so never thought to bring it! I cant see how that would make a difference... it all seems to be working fine other then it will not open jpg, jpeg, tiff files open but are corrupt (lines across the images etc). ?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :D

al1066uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2006
Help Me Im Confused Lol!!!

Can anyone explain to me why my hitatchi 1gb microdrive seems to be incompatible with my mac book???? Photos taken on my fuji 602z digital in jpeg and tiff format refuse to open. The files it tells me have the wong extension or are corrupt....., they are however fine as they open up fine on my windows system. Even stranger is the fact that if i bluetooth a photo (jpg format) takne on my Sony K800i they open up fine, but once dragged onto the microdrive and transfered back again i ge the same corrupt or extension issues?????

Very Confused

Can anyone help please

:confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I checked it out for you but got nothing..this was all i got:

Can a Hitachi Microdrive be used with a Macintosh?

Yes, a Hitachi Microdrive can be used with a Macintosh. The Macintosh will require at minimum OS 8.0. We also recommend checking with Apple to verify compatibility with your specific system.

I'm not sure if it would work with the intel macs...sorry man.

Bless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.