Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prtt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2010
Finland
Hi

I'm a quite happy Mac Mini and Logic Express 8 owner but I'm really having an awful problem with the output or monitoring (or whatever it's called) in Logic Express 8. In other words, I can hear no sound out of the headphones - neither when using MIDI keyboard (well, the Piano Roll, actually, but isn't it the same?) nor my guitar via an audio interface.

All sounds except in Logic work perfectly. iTunes, GarageBand (also the audio monitor), highlights in IRC etc. So I think the problem cannot be found from the System Preferences.

I have browsed through the whole Google and I think I really can't find the solution there. I've tried putting the I/O to EXS24, raising up the volume, handling with the Audio MIDI Setup, putting Monitoring on, adding Apple Loops, trying to record and then trying to listen if it then works and such.

I'm just confused about that in the Audio Preferences there's no alternative to choose any kind of an output. There's only input and that works well because I can see sound being produced while looking at the meters on the left. Problem is with the output.

When I tried Logic for the very first time, I remember I could hear the sound of a Yamaha piano when I "tickled the ivories" with the Piano Roll, hehe. So there's a possibility to make things work but I just don't know how.

Monitoring with Guitar Rig 3 doesn't work either but that's not the problem I'd like to solve now - just in case if you, dear helpers, need that information.

Impatiently waiting for your answers, thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.