Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
hey,

i have a procare card (which I got at the regent st grand opening)

anyway, today, one of my minis decided to go bust, so i went to the apple site to book a genius tomorrow - but it kept on asking me for my procare login details - when I gave my no. and email address, it rejected them.

i'm getting the impressiont hat you actually have to register this card or something to begin using it - but how do I do this? I *think* i may have thrown away the little envelope it came in..

any ideas?

thanks,
asif

Applespider

macrumors G4
You need to take it into the Regent St store (they might be able to do it over the phone) along with its receipt (the Lucky Bag one) and they fill out lots of forms which you sign and then your Procare is activated.

Once that is done, you can book online with the number and the registered email address (and hop to front of Genuis line). They probably won't jump you then and there tho - it only works once you've already booked an appointment and then you get it at the correct time rather than hanging around.

You also need to take in the serial numbers of any Macs/iPods you want your Procare to cover. When I read the very small print, it seemed to suggest that you had to have bought them in that Apple Store but they were happy enough to take the SN of my PB.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Applespider said:
You need to take it into the Regent St store (they might be able to do it over the phone) along with its receipt (the Lucky Bag one) and they fill out lots of forms which you sign and then your Procare is activated.

Once that is done, you can book online with the number and the registered email address (and hop to front of Genuis line). They probably won't jump you then and there tho - it only works once you've already booked an appointment and then you get it at the correct time rather than hanging around.

You also need to take in the serial numbers of any Macs/iPods you want your Procare to cover. When I read the very small print, it seemed to suggest that you had to have bought them in that Apple Store but they were happy enough to take the SN of my PB.

Thanks for the info :) - seems a lot of hassle, they should make it a bit easier

I guess I'll just have to book an appointment early tomorrow :/

-asif

Applespider

macrumors G4
asif786 said:
seems a lot of hassle, they should make it a bit easier

It's only available in the store so aside from those in the Lucky Bags, anyone buying it will have it set up at the time of purchase so no need to have a complex web version too.

Incidentally, the Genius can set up the Procare too rather than you queuing at the Bar and the checkouts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.