Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tldizard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
I ordered a BTO 13" MBA with the 256GB SSD, 4GB RAM and 2.13GHz Core 2 Duo cpu option on November 13th.

I bought it through the Military/Navy Exchange with a promised 10 business day turn-around. Come to find out that the buyers for the military are saying that production delays with the MacBook Air, all models, is causing a backlog of orders and that now, not to expect delivery until after Christmas for all BTO orders placed after thanksgiving/black Friday.

I don't know if this is simple rumor or just false facts but I've never known the buyers for the Navy to lie or misquote.

Either way, my order should be in before the middle of the coming week, but it's concerning that they're citing production delays, specifically.

Thoughts?

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
I don't know if this is simple rumor or just false facts but I've never known the buyers for the Navy to lie or misquote.

What is a 'false fact'? :confused:

The Apple site shows shipping in 24 hours for all but the 64gig MBA11 which is 1 - 3 business days.

tldizard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
What is a 'false fact'? :confused:

The Apple site shows shipping in 24 hours for all but the 64gig MBA11 which is 1 - 3 business days.

Giving a false statement as fact. I see the same ship dates from Apple, and they are typically the same for the military, so this is pretty unusual.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Some 3rd parties are having a harder time than others getting Air supplies, as has been evidenced by a few threads about it. Ordering through Apple remains the best bet if it is an option.

tldizard

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
IOW, a lie. Facts are true.

If you want an MBA sooner, order it from another source.

I don't mind waiting as mine is due within a few days, just found the statements to be odd and contradictory to what is normally expected from Apple's distributors.

Additionally, I saved over $380 (tax + discounts) by going through the PX/NEX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.