Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I think Paul is an Apple fan being paid good money to write good things about Microsoft. I mean, sometimes when I read him saying glowing stuff about IE7 when you know by reading his other columns that he solely uses Firefox and is a big fan. Whenever he says something about how IE7 is going to rock our worlds, I just have to chuckle.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I always thought he was a bit of a tool.

The true acid test will be when Vista hit's Thurrot's desk. He will either crap all over it and become an Apple fanboy, or embrace it wholeheartedly and go back to ripping on the Mac. :rolleyes:

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Lord Blackadder said:
I always thought he was a bit of a tool.

The true acid test will be when Vista hit's Thurrot's desk. He will either crap all over it and become an Apple fanboy, or embrace it wholeheartedly and go back to ripping on the Mac. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping he becomes a fanboy because we "real" fanboys can rip into him for only being a half assed douche bag fan boy.

Excuse me for the second. The jock part of me, after reading this, has to go kick the crap out of the geek part of me.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
He's a journalist who writes for his audience. Nothing more. Writing for your audience is one of the most basic premises of journalism, and when he's writing for publications whose readership are exclusively Windows users, that's all he talks about, and will write things about it that please his audience. He's making a living, we all have to do it. Most of us have and do say and do things we don't completely agree with in order to earn a wage, and he's no exception.

Read his Internet Nexus blog to see what Thurrott the man (not the journalist) thinks. He's almost consistently praised the Mac and OS X for the past two years, and while occasionally he's made some strong points against OS X, usually they're very firmly based in reality.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
thequicksilver said:
Read his Internet Nexus blog to see what Thurrott the man (not the journalist) thinks. He's almost consistently praised the Mac and OS X for the past two years, and while occasionally he's made some strong points against OS X, usually they're very firmly based in reality.

I have no problem with somebody bringing up valid criticisms, but in the past Thurrot has been way too dismissive of Apple, at leaat in his published columns. maybe he is becoming more liberal as he ages.:rolleyes: ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.