Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Can you cite a source? Verizon is the only carrier NOT participating in applesim

Verizon chose not to participate in Apple Sim.

Just order ipad air 2. There is no option to order a "Verizon iPad Air 2".

All you have to do is go to Verizon and get a SIM card. Or use your pre existing Verizon LTE SIM card in new iPad Air 2.

chazfarote

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
I have a T-Mobile iPad Mini w/ Retina I'm trying to activate on Verizon.

I've been through the nightmare with phone calls and store visits.

Can someone post or PM me a IMEI number for a Verizon iPad. I don't care what model as long as it's a nano sim model. I just want to dupe their database on the website to activate the sim. I won't use your actual number, I'll change the last digits.

I am willing to share my T-Mobile IMEI with someone in the opposite boat, meaning use a Verizon iPad on T-Mobile.

Thanks!

gilesmartin

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2014
Here is the one from the VZW store I used to activate mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 446

chazfarote

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Aaaaand done!

Thanks so much for posting that number. Hours of grief finally resolved!

Worked like a charm.

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Ok.I had my previously activated ipad mini sim on Verizon prepaid in my AT&T rmini.I was out of state.I ran out of data,so I called Verizon.They were not able to add more data because there was nothing on my account.No device,no credit card,nothing but the phone number attached to the tablet.I told them it was AT&T after none of the I.D. numbers worked.I talked to several CSR's,and everyone of them tried like hell to get my data up and running.It didn't happen.Everyone of them told me the Verizon account software had been recently upgraded and it was causing many problems.I ended up putting data on from AT&T prepaid through the rmini.When I got home,I put the Verizon sim back in my mini.I logged into my account on the mini and all my information was back.So for the heck of it,I logged into My Verizon on my desktop.It was different.Before when I would log into Verizon on my desktop,I was not able to do anything with my account.It told me to access my account on my mini.Well,now I have the option to add data plus every thing else I could do from my mini and then some.One of the new options is:go to Device Details;go to Change Your Prepaid Device.Under Select Your Reason For This Change,one of the options is Received device from other source.I have not tried to put my AT&T rmini in there yet because I am finishing off my data first.If anyone is willing to give this a shot,please post your results as I will post mine at the end of the month.Maybe Verizon is starting to play ball!We can only hope.

Edit:I also had gotten the IMEI from my Verizon mini and that did not work either.

Last edited:

chazfarote

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
I should add that I am on the More Everything so I don't know about pre paid plans. Another note, on my Verizon account it says "Non VZW Device" but it works great!

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Not working

When i put my sim in it took me to an activation screen and said that i need to have a sim from the carrier that it is with.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Video Responce

can i make a video to show you what im talking about?

also when i put my verizon sim in my at&t ipad (not activated) from my galaxy nexus (activated) and when i do it reboots and takes me to a update successful screen and then i hit next and it takes me to a activation screen and says activation failed because the sim is not from the carrier that the devices is with. does the ipad have to be activated before i can do this or no?

:mad:

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
can i make a video to show you what im talking about?

also when i put my verizon sim in my at&t ipad (not activated) from my galaxy nexus (activated) and when i do it reboots and takes me to a update successful screen and then i hit next and it takes me to a activation screen and says activation failed because the sim is not from the carrier that the devices is with. does the ipad have to be activated before i can do this or no?

:mad:

Which generation ipad?

chazfarote

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2014
Not sure. I know in my case I had my iPad active on tmobile (it is a tmobile iPad). Then I tricked Verizon with the IMEI provided above to activate a new SIM and now it all works good.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Question

Should i try to activate my iPad first then put my Verizon sim in or should i just get a new one and get a demo iPad IMEI for the activation to work.

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
iPad: 4th
Model: A1459
iOS: 8.1
Any other information you need just let me know.:)

They were still making 2 model versions of the ipad in 4th generation.A GSM and CDMA/GSM version.They have the micro sim.The ipad air is when they started producing only one model.I have the Verizon ipad mini(which also had two model versions and came out at the time of the ipad 4) and had it activated on AT&T for about a day or two.I had to go to a store and have it activated and put on a postpaid plan.The ipad mini couldn't access AT&T LTE because it didn't have the necessary LTE band in it.I wanted LTE so I bought an AT&T ipad rmini.The AT&T ipad rmini works fine with the pre activated verizon sim(except for when I ran out of data).You won't be able to get the ipad 4 from at&t to work on Verizon because they have different LTE bands in them.Sorry dude,time to upgrade!Here is a link you can check to verify http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/ipad-design-info-font-where-to-buy-unlocked.html

Edit: or check here http://support.apple.com/kb/sp662

Last edited:

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
They were still making 2 model versions of the ipad in 4th generation.A GSM and CDMA/GSM version.They have the micro sim.The ipad air is when they started producing only one model.I have the Verizon ipad mini(which also had two model versions and came out at the time of the ipad 4) and had it activated on AT&T for about a day or two.I had to go to a store and have it activated and put on a postpaid plan.The ipad mini couldn't access AT&T LTE because it didn't have the necessary LTE band in it.I wanted LTE so I bought an AT&T ipad rmini.The AT&T ipad rmini works fine with the pre activated verizon sim(except for when I ran out of data).You won't be able to get the ipad 4 from at&t to work on Verizon because they have different LTE bands in them.Sorry dude,time to upgrade!Here is a link you can check to verify http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/ipad-design-info-font-where-to-buy-unlocked.html

Edit: or check here http://support.apple.com/kb/sp662

After some more research,I'm thinking you should be able to get the non LTE bands out of the Verizon sim.It may work if you activate the ipad,but I am not positive.Maybe someone with experience in that matter will chime in.Sorry dude,I tried!

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Sucks

Me and my mom are thing of putting my ipad on At&t prepaid but i dont thing that is going to happen becuase of school and i really want to go on this field trip but the price is not good so i may never activate it but it sucks i wish i could find a way to bypass the setup screen and get to the home screen. if you know a way to do that it would help then i can call verizon and try to activate my sim with the sim number (ICCID).

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
Me and my mom are thing of putting my ipad on At&t prepaid but i dont thing that is going to happen becuase of school and i really want to go on this field trip but the price is not good so i may never activate it but it sucks i wish i could find a way to bypass the setup screen and get to the home screen. if you know a way to do that it would help then i can call verizon and try to activate my sim with the sim number (ICCID).

If you're saying you can't even use it,then just set it up using wifi to get to the home screen.You may or may not need the at&t sim in there.I just did this with my verizon iphone 5s that just came in the mail.It has a sim in it but the sim is not activated.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
ok

i will be posting the video tomorrow on my youtube but i will have to give you the link to it so no you else sees it but i may have to call into verizon to see if i can try using my iccid number to activate it if that does not work then i don't know if i can but that one guy can sucks but it is worth a try.

roobydoo

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2014
i will be posting the video tomorrow on my youtube but i will have to give you the link to it so no you else sees it but i may have to call into verizon to see if i can try using my iccid number to activate it if that does not work then i don't know if i can but that one guy can sucks but it is worth a try.

OK,you can pm me the link tomorrow.

Dudefoxlive

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2014
NO
Yea

Yea no problem but at the moment i am having to download the video off of my phone so yea then i got to render so you get it right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.