Protect Mails via password?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Souli, May 16, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Hey guys,
    just got my Ipad this week and have a question. I'd like to protect my mails with a password somehow so the whole family can use the Ipad but not read my mails. Is that somehow possible? Or is there a specific app for such a thing?

2. macrumors 68000

ngenerator

not unless you're jailbroken

3. macrumors 68030

skubish

2 options but not ideal.

1. delete the password from your email account. Settings>Mail>email account
    Problem with this is it won't automatically check your emails and download them.

2. check under Setting>General>Restrictions to see if there is an option to lock out the Mail app.

4. macrumors newbie

The easiest thing to do in my opinion that I do is simply turn off your email while you let your family/friends play with your iPad. As for in most cases unless they have one of their own they won't be able to figure out how to turn it back on. >>>settings>select your account(s)>then just switch it to off. Then turn it back on when it's back in your hands. So easy! ;)

5. macrumors regular

If your jailbroken you can do this easily. Simply download mAdvLock from cydia. You can lock any app you want with a password.

6. macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Thanks! :) I'm surprised I never came across this before. It'll be useful for both my 3GS and iPad.