Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I'd love two dock connectors so I can charge my 3rd gen iPad's massive batteries in half the time! And no, they will not explode. Today's lithium batteries can easily take a 5C+ charge.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I can't imagine why apple would even care about this being put up on eBay. But if they are really upset about it all they need to do is buy it. I'm sure they can outbid the other interested parties.

Why do that when you can shove a EULA in the face of the seller and take it off them in badass style? :D

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin
In what way is this guy not about to get a visit from the police regarding sale of stolen property?
I'm kinda puzzled about that too. I guess they're just hoping Apple doesn't care enough to pursue this, since it's a couple generations old? It's obviously their property which would not be authorized for sale, so it's stolen.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
:apple:Can't wait for Tim "Commu-apple-" Cookster to send police to get this down. Only Apple would do this, in fear of losing potential buyers of their current devices. Not Samsung, not Asus, no one would do this but the Communist-Manifesto Freaks known as Apple. Sorry this is just a vent, angers me how this collective group of abusers can get away with this :mad::confused:

And you just signed up for MacRumors for drivel like that?

Very deep thinking indeed!

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009

Because it's Apple's property, they own it. So you pay loads of money for it, only to find that the police confiscate it later, so no iPad, and no money. They tend to go after lost prototypes pretty aggressively, don't they? (iPhone 4…)

Konrad

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2009
Bi-continental
In what way is this guy not about to get a visit from the police regarding sale of stolen property?

I love how he has blurred the serial numbers etc. "for safety," but left the adjacent barcodes clear, enabling Apple to easily identify the device.

Sure he will, the cops in the police US have nothing better to but to harass people for the most absurd crap. I somehow doubt this surplus was even stolen, but despite that it should not stop the brainless idiots to put just anyone in jail. Apple should just laught at it. If they had any reasonable sense of humor. No matter what anyone claims this is nothing more than spent electronic junk.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
That would have been nice for docking onto a keyboard, like the transformer.

Or even just the desktop-style keyboard dock that Apple used to sell. As others have said, what ruined it was the fact that the iPad was stuck in the portrait orientation when using that accessory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.