Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you buying the PSVR2?

• Waiting for more info on the price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium

8fd9c404e81dd1f0929b574b7689c9ae0fdaf5d4-scaled.jpg

Sooo, who’s buying?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think I need to see more demo capabilities from the ‘VR2 sense’ controller. It looks really intriguing and intuitive, but I need to see some more action, probably before I drop over ~$650 on this.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Read a rumor the PSVR2 will be getting a Metal Gear Solid 1 remake in VR. That game was raising the standards back in the days on the PS1 and holds a lot of nostalgia for me, so if it’s true, it’ll be a sucker punch that will motivate me even more to buy one…

Reactions: Donfor39

Ledgem

macrumors 68020
Jan 18, 2008
Hawaii, USA
I plan to get one.

Up until recently, the PS2 was my last console. I did small gaming here and there, usually iPhone games, but it wasn't until two years ago that I bought a Switch and got back into "real" gaming. Not as heavily as when I was younger, but it felt nice to hold a controller again. Earlier this year some work colleagues connected me with a PS5 and it was like being a kid in a candy shop (only now I actually have money ? Just... no time to play what I buy). VR? I've wanted to try it for years. I was about to buy the PS VR when I read about the PS VR2 being close to release, so I'll wait for that. I can't wait... actually, I can wait, but I am very excited to get to experience it.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I'm interested, but I will wait to see if it's well supported before I jump in. I was fortunate enough to win a PSVR through one of those taco bell contests, and I ended up selling it after a few months. I am excited for the tech advancements from v1 to v2, but at the end of the day it's all about what games are available.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
Read a rumor the PSVR2 will be getting a Metal Gear Solid 1 remake in VR. That game was raising the standards back in the days on the PS1 and holds a lot of nostalgia for me, so if it’s true, it’ll be a sucker punch that will motivate me even more to buy one…

Oh man, imagine how Psycho Mantis could mess with your goggles and hand-sticks…

(looking forward, the boss battles with The End and The Boss in MGS3 would be pretty amazing in VR)

• Love
Reactions: BlankStar

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
I've got two ps5's but only play old PS4 games on them , tbh most modern stuff doesn't interest me at all

This vr twaddle definitely not

• Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I’m interested in this, but will want to do a real world demo before deciding. I got the original PSVR and must admit it’s mostly collecting dust.
Same, but that's mostly because of the hasstle to hook it up with all those cables and that dreadful HDMI-box each time. PSVR2 is just one USB-C cable you need to plug in.

Reactions: mlovergaard

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I understand the technical reason for now being backward compatible with older games. But I invested in a PSVR and a bunch of games but really never used them extensively. Given that this version will be a fortune, I am just not sure.
I expect and upgraded version of the Switch next year. My OLED has seem more use than the PS5 despite its huge game catalog waiting for me.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I understand the technical reason for now being backward compatible with older games. But I invested in a PSVR and a bunch of games but really never used them extensively. Given that this version will be a fortune, I am just not sure.
I expect and upgraded version of the Switch next year. My OLED has seem more use than the PS5 despite its huge game catalog waiting for me.
I get your sentiment. Same story here, but I pre-ordered the PSVR2 without hesitation. Loads of games are getting free upgrades or for a small fee. And games like Resident Evil Village will receive a free DLC to make the game PSVR2-compatible.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Not long now... I'm getting hyped. Can't wait to get my hands on it and play Horizon in VR!

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
My payment just went through. Feel like a kid a couple of days before x-mas 🙃

What game are you looking forward to?

I just got my PS5 the other day and started into GT7 .. but decided to wait on further progression until the PSVR2 arrives, since I think it will be spectacular in VR

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
What game are you looking forward to?

I just got my PS5 the other day and started into GT7 .. but decided to wait on further progression until the PSVR2 arrives, since I think it will be spectacular in VR
Resident Evil Village :eek:

Got my tracking number, expected delivery the 23th, not happy with that. Bought from PlayStation Direct, one would expect a releaseday delivery and not the day after...

Reactions: Donfor39

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Resident Evil Village :eek:

Got my tracking number, expected delivery the 23th, not happy with that. Bought from PlayStation Direct, one would expect a releaseday delivery and not the day after...

I'm surprised to hear this -- I only ordered PSVR2 last week and I'm getting it tomorrow.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Received mines today. Played the demo of Horizon and Star Wars. It was fun.

The visual quality is excellent. Haven't experienced any typical visual hiccups. Head and controller tracking is excellent. And the eye tracking is impressive. I have no complaints for the controls yet. Even the included ear buds are pretty good.

The headset is comfortable. Didn't feel any discomfort during game play.

Going to try Gran Turismo 7 tomorrow.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
it should arrive "before the end of day", whatever that means. Still not happy I didn't get it on the release day. Frikkin pre-ordered it on Nov 15th last year...

Anyways, guess I'll have to be patient today...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.