Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pedgie06

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
I just purchased them and it worked for me, but I restarted my ipod after I bought them...maybe that was what did it for me.

dtancu

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2007
Bucharest/Romania
Being a happy resident of one of the many countries where iTMS is not available, I have a burning question: what happens when you purchase them? You get a download? Or only a code to enter?
Because if you get a package download there is still hope for us those who cannot buy the apps.

Nye

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2007
yeah same thing with me. Ive shut my iPod down and started it up again and it still hasnt updated it yet. where the hell are they? also, if you reset the ipod, which reset do you do?

macwannabe77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Pennsylvania USA
Being a happy resident of one of the many countries where iTMS is not available, I have a burning question: what happens when you purchase them? You get a download? Or only a code to enter?
Because if you get a package download there is still hope for us those who cannot buy the apps.

Bascially, you are on the itunes store, you hit purchase, you type in a ur apple ID and password, then you get directed to a page that tells you to get your purchases you need to sync, disconnect and they should be there... there was no download from what i saw. thats prob my problem, i have an email into apple, im not gonna try again and risk another 20 bucks till i know whats wrong.

Nye

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2007

Sorry, there is no package download as it builds it into the iTunes and iPod software upgrade. You then connect your iPod to iTunes and it should transfer it over.

Syph

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Sorry, there is no package download as it builds it into the iTunes and iPod software upgrade. You then connect your iPod to iTunes and it should transfer it over.

Mine downloaded but it was 8.6 Kb or something along those numbers. I cant see it anymore though.

jamescwarren

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2005
Isle of Man
I downloaded the apps, nothing happened. I reset the iPod and everything, no joy. I looked in the iPod games folder. An update folder was there with nothing in it. I reopened iTunes, nothing happened and the folder has now vanished. What are you doing Apple. That's £12.99 you've taken off of me and given me nothing in return :mad:

macwannabe77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Pennsylvania USA
I downloaded the apps, nothing happened. I reset the iPod and everything, no joy. I looked in the iPod games folder. An update folder was there with nothing in it. I reopened iTunes, nothing happened and the folder has now vanished. What are you doing Apple. That's £12.99 you've taken off of me and given me nothing in return :mad:

I don't even REMEMBER there being a download. this is starting to really piss me off. but yea, ive tried everything too, send an email to apple through the support page... im either gonna get a refund or they are going to make this work.

madofrain

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2006
I've got the same issue

EDIT
Oookay, that'll teach me to drink and update...The 1.1.3 update does not include the applications. I was prompted separately to download the apps before upgrading to 1.1.3.. Having checked my itunes history its only gone through once.
All working now. appy days.

Still sore about the £12, but feels great knowing that the p*ssing about with jailbreaking is over with..

Nye

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2007
I don't even REMEMBER there being a download. this is starting to really piss me off. but yea, ive tried everything too, send an email to apple through the support page... im either gonna get a refund or they are going to make this work.

How do you e-mail Apple Support? I didnt update my iPod to 1.1.3 before I bought the update but now it says that the iPod software update server is down. wtf seriously. We should get this for free...

mode101

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2007
I updated to 1.1.3 first, then ordered them, and when my update was complete, they were there. Funny thing I noticed was that I used to have my IPT jailbroken, and the mail app remembered my email account, stocks remembered my stocks, etc. Way to go Apple! :D

macwannabe77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Pennsylvania USA
I have just checked and am on 1.1.2. Tried to check for update in iTunes and nothing. Where can I download 1.1.3?

In iTunes, click your ipod under devices on the left hand side, on the summary page, I hit check for updates, and updated to 1.1.3

on the other note, I updated everything i needed to before purchasing the apps... getting more and more irritated.

Laxman

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
same here

my guess is it has something to do with the iPod update server being down.

Maybe Jobs & Co. are reconsidering taking our $20? haha. ok, they are not.

I'll update when I get it. !#@$!@$# apple.

macwannabe77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Pennsylvania USA
my guess is it has something to do with the iPod update server being down.

Maybe Jobs & Co. are reconsidering taking our $20? haha. ok, they are not.

I'll update when I get it. !#@$!@$# apple.

yeah i thought the same thing.... maybe they are reconsidering this whole paying thing and gonna give us our money and the apps.. but i am not holding by breath

z.j.c

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Same problem as well. Just keep getting told that there is something wrong with my internet or to try again later. I updated to the newest version of iTunes then purchased the apps. I thought the Update was included with the Apps. Guess ill have to wait till there update server starts working. Although i am going to email them about this. Why offer the apps if you can not have them yet?

macwannabe77

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2007
Pennsylvania USA
Can somebody please tell me where I can download 1.1.3 manually? iTunes says the iPod server is down.

I guess either they know now there is a problem, and/or its so busy, but the server is now down for the updates... i hit it and expected an u are all up to date, but i got an error instead... because of that I am guessing there is no manual update at the moment

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.