Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
im not sure if someone posted this but i did look couldve over looked it, i did subscribe to apple music but only for this free three month trial, i notice that you can listen to full albums before purchase which is cool but, if i have previously purchased an album & actually pay for this subscription isnt that paying for the same thing twice or multiple times (every month) in a sense.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
im not sure if someone posted this but i did look couldve over looked it, i did subscribe to apple music but only for this free three month trial, i notice that you can listen to full albums before purchase which is cool but, if i have previously purchased an album & actually pay for this subscription isnt that paying for the same thing twice or multiple times (every month) in a sense.

Yup. People that have reached the point where they know what they like, know what they don't, and built up a library to last the rest of their lives won't find as much value.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Yup. People that have reached the point where they know what they like, know what they don't, and built up a library to last the rest of their lives won't find as much value.

Sometimes i believe apple tries to quietly take advantage of people lol

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Sometimes i believe apple tries to quietly take advantage of people lol
What are you expecting? Do you want Apple and the record labels to give you some kind of credit if you happen to listen to a song you have bought?

You are paying for the right to stream any of over 30 million songs and you can buy any you want to.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
What are you expecting? Do you want Apple and the record labels to give you some kind of credit if you happen to listen to a song you have bought?

You are paying for the right to stream any of over 30 million songs and you can buy any you want to.

I mean the company as a whole, but i understand what your saying, i guess if u pay 10 a month its no need to actually buy the album unless you want to support that artist

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Do you feel the same way about movies you may own and your monthly cable bill?

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Do you feel the same way about movies you may own and your monthly cable bill?

As far as movies i own blu-ray i dont rent them at all, & i have apple tv so i watch whatever is on there im hardly home to actually watch tv shows & when i am home im online majority of the time, also xbox one has plenty of tv apps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.