Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pe93co

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
So I have had a purple spot on my back camera lens for almost half a year now.
I have just been putting up with it by retouching my photos afterwards.
But today a second spot emerged and I've had it.
Googled the issue and it seemed like many people with iPhone 5 had this problem.
Yet, I was not able to locate even 1 thread anywhere on iPhone 6 having this issue.
I'm planning on to visit my nearby Apple store tomorrow morning but I just found it so odd that I could not find one iPhone 6 owner with this problem.
iPhone 6 ATT 16GB purchased in Sep 2014, if that matters. Will my phone likely get swapped out for a new one for free?

Just in case, here is a picture. http://imgur.com/IgzfYMD

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
iPhone 6 ATT 16GB purchased in Sep 2014, if that matters. Will my phone likely get swapped out for a new one for free?

Did you buy the extended Apple Care for your iPhone 6? If so, Apple will replace it with a refurbished 6 at no cost to you. No Apple Care, then you would have to pay for the replacement iPhone. You might get lucky and the Apple store genius might replace it for free but that's not a given.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
wow i thought this was an iPhone 5 only issue. haven't seen this issue surface since then. apple was replacing phones and camera modules back then, but i don't know if they will for you given the purchase date. always worth a shot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.