Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samk8000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
toronto, ontario
I want a free way to put my DVDs onto my iPad without having I buy them all again off of iTunes. I have a Mac running OS X Lion.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
iVI Pro is now my preferred ripper.

Costs about $10/£6.50, but a much nicer GUI than handbrake IMO and well worth the asking price.

Select preset (iPad, Xbox etc), then drag and drop.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
iVI Pro is now my preferred ripper.

Costs about $10/£6.50, but a much nicer GUI than handbrake IMO and well worth the asking price.

Select preset (iPad, Xbox etc), then drag and drop.

Is that the one that automatically puts it in iTunes and adds all of the correct (genre, etc) info, along with the correct picture?

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Is that the one that automatically puts it in iTunes and adds all of the correct (genre, etc) info, along with the correct picture?

It most certainly does.

Top notch bit of software.

----------

Here's one of my face TV episode of all time that I stuck on my iPad for a recent flight abroad....

95cd8fc1.jpg

I didn't put any of that info in, I just dragged the file in to iVI Pro and clicked convert.

It puts the converted file in your iTunes movie folder, so all I had to do after that was sync.

As I said, worth every penny/cent!

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I used the demo of that program to put about 30 hours of tv shows/movies on my iPhone for 6 week trip to Israel. It worked perfectly! I would also recommend it.

samk8000

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
toronto, ontario
I downloaded Handbrake and tried to import a DVD but go this message:

HandBrake could not find a compatible version of libdvdcss (32-bit libdvdcss is not compatible with 64-bit HandBrake and vice-versa).

Please download and install libdvdcss.pkg if you wish to read encrypted DVDs.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
I downloaded Handbrake and tried to import a DVD but go this message:

HandBrake could not find a compatible version of libdvdcss (32-bit libdvdcss is not compatible with 64-bit HandBrake and vice-versa).

Please download and install libdvdcss.pkg if you wish to read encrypted DVDs.

You could also try ripping with mactheripper first then using handbrake to convert.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.