Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
So has anyone had any issues with their 5 bending by putting in the back pocket of their jeans? I used to do that with my 4 all the time but and concerned about the 5's durability and have been keeping it in my front pocket.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I don't see a problem with it. Take it out before you sit down. I have mine in a side pocket all the time, but that's only because there's more lint in my back pocket.

mrobit

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Do you have a deformed ass or is it solid like a boulder? If you answered no to both of those, then you should be just fine.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Do you have a deformed ass or is it solid like a boulder? If you answered no to both of those, then you should be just fine.

It seems it takes a lot less to bend the iPhone 5 now. I don't think sitting on it is a good idea at all.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It seems it takes a lot less to bend the iPhone 5 now. I don't think sitting on it is a good idea at all.
I paid $400+ for my iPhone 5. I'm going to remember not to sit on it if it's in my pocket. ;):)

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have placed my iPhone 5 in the back pocket of my jeans several times without any issues. I do, however, remove the phone from my back pocket before I sit down.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I put my phone in my side pocket for two reasons:

- I don't want to forget it's in my back pocket and sit on it... and

- It's a lot less likely to be pickpocketed in a crowd if it's in the side pocket.

I put my wallet in my side pocket for the second reason too. Plus, stuff in back pockets never seemed comfortable to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.