Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Ok - using the Pwnage Tool and my instructions above, I now have an iPod Touch, running OS 2.0 (version 2.0 (5A225c) in settings>>general>> about). BUT, there's no installer.app.

So Pwnage was able to activate 2.0, but, so far, no jailbreak.

It was just released today, give it some time before it automatically puts the Installer app on there!

FYI - No Installer.app dosent mean no jailbreak

The mods deleted my other post! Damn them! Just kidding... Not surprised really :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just so you know, if you have the 2.0 beta and want to unlock your iPhone, pwn it with 1.1.4 first andi t will "Neuter" the baseband so its still unlocked if you put different firmwares on the iPhone, including the 2.0 beta.

snakeeater09

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
Hi, when will it be released for windows? I wanted to use iPlus, will it be reversible to use Pwnage, when it's released?

Greets

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Beside Exchange support, parental controls, and a better calc, is there anything else in 2.0? (Not including App store)

I have no need for the above thing... Thanks

hotsauce3868

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
ok, well have you got any links for the older versions, such as 1.1.4? Thanks for your help
UPDATE I found the link to download the official firmware images from apple
Now I would like to use the additional features of the tool, but need images of the 3.9 bootloader and the 4.6 bootloader. Can't find them anywhere on the net!

I need them also. Has anyone found them yet?

snakeeater09

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2008
If i used iPLus to unlock and activate, will I be able to restore the phone, so i would be like it was OTB? Will there be any trouble when i want to use Pwnage later?

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
UK
I don't see the point in jailbreaking without Installer.app, because what is there to do with a jailbroken iPod and no Installer.app?

Also, I don't understand how this app works? I'm still on 1.1.1 jailbroken but would love to upgrade to 1.1.4 and jailbreak.

Thanks.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I wrote an FAQ and how to guide in my thread if you want idiot proof instructions or have questions!

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
I was under the impression you could copy firmwares and have them restore via iTunes. Now does this mean if I copy my current firmware and make sure it includes all of my apps and what not with it, will it then restore on iTunes and have all these apps I want it to have upon restore?

I think someone should put together a nice thread with all the do's and dont's of this thing, along with some instructions like they did for the original 1.1.3 JB.

Let's give it a couple days before messing with it.:rolleyes:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Currently the download is missing on their server, probably due to high server load.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
So can people try out the 1.2 beta and report back on how well it works? I'd like to switch to 1.2 for the enterprise features.

JWeier@Transpar

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
2.0 Not working

I sucessfully pwned my phone and now I am trying to make a custom firmware with the 1.2 (2.0) firmware. When I browse to the .ipsw and try and load it in pwnage it says "Can't recognize version of .ipsw file"

Helpp

salimdao

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Anaheim, CA
i just pwnd my iPhone and installed 2.0 Beta, but its not connecting to the AT&T network. anyone know how to fix this?

salimdao

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Anaheim, CA
I sucessfully pwned my phone and now I am trying to make a custom firmware with the 1.2 (2.0) firmware. When I browse to the .ipsw and try and load it in pwnage it says "Can't recognize version of .ipsw file"

Helpp
this is what i did

1)browse 1.1.4 update.
2)click iPwner.
3)after its done pwning, browse to 2.0 beta update
4)click ipsw builder.
5)after it builds the custom restore, Option + click on Restore in iTunes.
6)browse 2.0 custom restore and restore.

JWeier@Transpar

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
this is what i did

1)browse 1.1.4 update.
2)click iPwner.
3)after its done pwning, browse to 2.0 beta update
4)click ipsw builder.
5)after it builds the custom restore, Option + click on Restore in iTunes.
6)browse 2.0 custom restore and restore.

I did the first 2 steps and it pwned correctly. However when I browse to 2.0 and it tries to detect it pwnage says it doesn't recognize the firmware and won't let me build a custom ispw. Maybe bad firmware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.