Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawgraphix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I'm a multimedia designer. But at the moment do alot of web design. Alright i need to transition to intel. But how?

Current computers:
Powerbook G4 Alum 15": 1.5Ghz 1.25GB SDRAM [31 months old]
QuadG5 : 1GB and 7800GT 256MB, 500GB SATA HD [10 months old]
ACD 30".

Umm, I don't know for some reason my QuadG5 is slow.. maybe because i haven't thrown alot of ram at it. But its slow. And i need to get it fixed by apple because one of the core's is running hot. I use this computer at night with the ACD. Don't really do much with it be sides web editing and minor photoshop work. I bought it so i could later on run Motion 2 and perhaps rendering. But i'm usually on the go with my PBG4. So after seeing the C2D for the MBP... i think i'm ready to transition. Should I sell both computers? what should I do? Also should i wait till Leopard is avail?

ricgnzlzcr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
I think you just need some more ram on that powermac. That's still a hell of a powerful computer for any need.

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
I would sell the PB and get the MBP, but also, you probably should throw in a couple more gigs into that Quad. It sounds like you might be stressing the cores a little bit with that little RAM. Its just a thought, but I would try to buy at least two more gigs, and get the MBP C2D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.