Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
P

password is pong

Re: They can

350fps? Hmm funny my frend has a custom built AMD w/a GTS (AMD 1.0GHz) and he doesn't come near 350. Granted you system is better but DDR accounts for an extra 20% in performance, 400 Mhz is say 30%, and the other stuff is 25%, now I don't remember exact numbers, but they weren't close to 170 or anything. Don't lemme hear **** about his config, it was brand new (thus no extras or fragmentation).

Where can I get a Mac flash for a PC card (i'm shure it's obvious, but I'm lazy)

snowman

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by spikey
How many good games are written in javascript?

None, but I wasn't talking about Javascript, I said Java. So how many really good games are written in Java? None. But they will come. Javascript and Java is two totally different things, it's like comparing a Mercedes and a bucket of milk.

AndreHAL

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2001
Norway
Re: Re: Re: once again...

Originally posted by john123
Originally posted by AndreHAL
Originally posted by john123
A person cannot be "superfluous." Even assuming you intended to imply that I am extra or not needed, *PEOPLE CANNOT BE SUPERFLUOUS!*

According to the oxford dictionary a person can be superfluous, quote: I soon realized that I was superfluous, and left.

Amusing that you would make that sentence up. Sad even. But anyway......

su·per·flu·ous (s-pûrfl-s)
adj.

Being beyond what is required or sufficient.

[Middle English, from Old French superflueux, from Latin superfluus, from superfluere, to overflow  : super-, super- + fluere, to flow; see bhleu- in Indo-European Roots.]

superfluous \soo-PER-floo-us\, adjective:
more than is wanted or is sufficient; rendered unnecessary by superabundance; unnecessary; useless; excessive
-- SUPERFLUOUSLY, adverb
-- SUPERFLUOUSNESS, noun

Superfluous comes ultimately from the Latin superfluus, from superfluo, superfluere, to overflow, from super-, over, above + fluo, fluere, to flow.

That's superfluous, really!
If thou bothered to get thy facts straight, thou would see thy wrongness.
(correct me if my grammar's wrong but don't bash me with ********, English is my second language).
I took the sentence you wrongly accused me of making up, straight out of the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary(Fifth edition, Oxford University Press)

In norwegian word for superfluous is "overfødig" (over = over, and flødig comes from flod = flood which is easily linked to flow, it also comes from latin)
The reason I brought this up is that, we sometimes use it about people being abundant (when wanting to be harsh).Du(you) er(are) overflødig(superfluous), is an example.

If thou call me a liar again, I hope no one will ever reply thee again.

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
listen

AndreHAL, you see? THIS IS THE KIND OF **** I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH WHEN I TRY TO TELL SOMETHING TO JOHN123. The guy just cant admit that he is wrong and slightly dumb. I called him superflous because I wanted to imply that he was UNNECCESSARY. He thought I couldnt speak english and said that I was trying to say "superficial". LOL!!! But then when he realized that he was wrong he took on a different argument by saying that PEOPLE cannot BE SUPERFLOUS. What kind of a dumbass argument is that??????

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: listen

Originally posted by Kela
AndreHAL, you see? THIS IS THE KIND OF **** I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH WHEN I TRY TO TELL SOMETHING TO JOHN123. The guy just cant admit that he is wrong and slightly dumb. I called him superflous because I wanted to imply that he was UNNECCESSARY. He thought I couldnt speak english and said that I was trying to say "superficial". LOL!!! But then when he realized that he was wrong he took on a different argument by saying that PEOPLE cannot BE SUPERFLOUS. What kind of a dumbass argument is that??????

It's not a dumbass argument -- it's called language, and you're botching it. I may well have been wrong regarding your "intention" in using the word superfluous, but your very use of the word is entirely incorrect. I'm sorry that you still can't quite grasp this...

AndreHAL

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2001
Norway
Re: listen

I think you people should leave JOHN123 alone if he can't be constructive.
I wasn't trying to thrash anyone, just get this **** straight. Since JOHN123 was wrong, he got the reply.

My real interest here's the mac, though I admit being carried away.

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
but see

Ok I will leave John123 alone. But you see the guy cant admit that he is wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.