Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Albone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2003
Not to spark a Quark vs Indesign debate, but I have an odd problem with Quark.

I installed Quark 6.0 on my G5 running OS X. No problems. Then I installed 6.1, again no problems.

I installed a brand new copy of Quark 6.0 on a G4 running OS X. No problems. I ran the 6.1 updater and Quark won't work. It tries to start up, but either it runs on forever, or it quits.

Anyone know what the deal is? Is there a fix for this, other than switching to Indesign?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Very Bad news is: Quark 6 alters the permissions for the ENTIRE application folder. Repair permissions as soon as running the first v6 installer.

Also, you've activated both, right?

You could try deleting the installation, reinstalling the app into a separate folder in Documents, then moving it into the Apps folder.

BUT it's still horrible, we've had loads of probs at work with 6.1 especially with importing & creating PDFs, and shared printers like RIPS

Thank God 6.5 is out within the next 4 weeks.

The Quark forums are back up, which is where I tend to commiserate with my fellow sufferers... over here.
http://www.quark.com/service/forums/
That's where I've had the best & quickest help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.