Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
ive got a quark x press crash test tommorrow for a job interview and i just wanted to know if you guys can give me some tips or advice or what not... links to something of help etc. etc.

ive used quark ... only a little not much so im not expierenced at it. i know more on indesign since im somewhat expierenced at photoshop and illustrator.

also... what does it mean when they say "its all modular" ... i have an idea but i just want to get the real answer.. be for sure.

thanks guys.

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
What they mean by modular is most likely, that it uses extensions (XT) to give it more features. There is an extension to give high-rez preview, there is an extension for advanced resizing, printer spread conversion, etc. It's similar to the Adobe plug-ins.

As far as the crash course, you really can't learn a whole lot and retain it in one day. It's not impossible, but it takes weeks and months of using the software to make sense of most things and learn the keyboard shortcuts - which is by the way the biggest time/life-saver in any application.

What do you need to know? Design side or press side? Do you know the basic terminology and tools?

You could always go to Quark.com, and see if they have some tutorials, feature descriptions that might help you wing the interview.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.