Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lchogan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
Hello. I'm looking into buying a 12" powerbook, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how often they do sale and/or promotions (like rebates). I know there was a sweet 2 or 300 dollar rebate for an ipod and powerbook together a few months back, and I'd be real mad at myself if I bought a powerbook today and then tommorow they started another promotion like that.

How often do they do things like this? Do they have sales around christmas? I'm buying a 12" at 1399 education discount if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Luke

stetsows

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2003
Birmingham, AL
My experience with the Apple Store is they are pretty tight with the promotions. Generally the only ones I see bundles where they do package deals. Also they charge sales tax. Third parties tend to do a better deal cutting deals with rebates then apple IMHO.

Two of my favorites are ClubMac and MacZone. Given that your an educational buyer you might try calling them and seeing if they have educationally priced items. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.