Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffjak25

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Long story, short: I ported two lines to AT&T for the DirecTV credit per line. I signed up for the next plan on both lines since it was required for the credit. 10 days later I paid off next plans to prepare for the upcoming iPhone preorder. During the 10 days I also combined my accounts into a unified billing account (wireless and directv service). Fast forward to today, when I check my upgrade eligibility on AT&T's website it shows that I am currently eligible for an upgrade on both lines. When I check the Apple website it shows that I am not eligible for an upgrade and directs me to contact AT&T. I would prefer (and I always have) to pre-order my iPhones from Apple. I have contacted multiple people at AT&T and received several responses as to why Apple's website isn't showing my account as upgrade eligible. At this point I don't know what to do.

I've been told by AT&T that things are not working right because:
1. I need to contact Apple -it's their fault
2. You can only do the next plan once per line, every 30 days.
3. You're account is too new...wait until your next billing cycle.
4. You have to order from AT&T because your account has been flagged for fraud as you paid of two next plans early.
5. You have unified billing (combined wireless and directv account) and the system won't allow you to order for Apple.

My question to you all: Has this happened to you? Any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.