Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
I really like the Microsoft sans serif font, and when i had a pc i saved a doc with that font. I recently opened it with my mac and it was still in microsoft sans serif font. Now is there a way i can put that font in the really long pull down list of fonts in word? cause its not showing up in there.

also what is the font that safari uses? like if you just type something in google all the links will show up in this font.

thanks

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
a little help please? just curious as to how i can get these fonts and use them on a regular basis

thanks

btw...you guys in rank 70s of macrumors for folding are going down!! muhaha, just though some competition was in order

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
no its definitly not courier...does anyone else know??

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
I think you're going to have to be more specific... The last time I used word, which was admittedly years ago, Ariel was the default font, but that could have been the individual computer's settings.

The standard font for Safari is Lucida Grande 14.

Websites can overrule default fonts, so google's font may be different...

there's so many variables here, it's hard to know which font you're talking about in particular...

:)
pnw

howard

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2002
the font is call "microsoft sans serif" its on any pc with word. how do you take screenshots, i could do that and post it but i have no idea how

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Ok, my partner uses a PC at work and has this font. I'll have him email it to me, then i can pass it on to you if you'd like. It's a truetype font, i believe, so it should work properly on the Mac.

You'll have to email or PM me with your email address, so i can send it as an attachment.

:)
pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.