Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
UK
Hi,

I am trying to design a logo. I like the type of font used in frazr's and twitter's logo but I don't know where I could find a similar font to mess around with in Photoshop. Does anyone know what kind of font these typefaces are? I also really like pownce's logo font. Could anyone point me in the right direction to finding these (I've never bought fonts before).

Thanks,

MadDoc

spongehead17

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
the easiest way i have found to determine a font is an amazing website called quite humorusly << whatthefont.com >> it works by uploading an image, and it will find the closest fonts to what you like. From there you'll have to check to see if you have any of those fonts in your library.
My rec on a program to sort through your library is linotype fontexplorer x. what sets it apart is the fact that you can easily turn fonts on and off, and you can choose whatever you like as an example of the font... i.e. if you want to see what "Mike" looks like with the same font as korn uses (btw there is a font that looks just their logo... its called kornucopia) linotype will show you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.