Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Can someone post a screenshot of the Albums view in Sierra's iTunes? I want to know if it is the same as prior versions or if the albums are blown up like in the iOS 10 Music app.

luke lau

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2015
Belfast
Can someone post a screenshot of the Albums view in Sierra's iTunes? I want to know if it is the same as prior versions or if the albums are blown up like in the iOS 10 Music app.

They're slightly different, mainly minus the colour palettes (☹️) but with retina artwork and dedicated play buttons

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 01.32.56.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 01.32.56.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 205

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
They're slightly different, mainly minus the colour palettes (☹️) but with retina artwork and dedicated play buttons

Thanks for the reply.

I'm really disappointed with the direction Apple is taking its Music apps this year.

There is no reason for the album art to be that large. I hope that they revert the decision to make things so big, or at least add an option to make them smaller (like that'll ever happen).

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
Someone mentioned the blurring found in older version prevented the app from displaying album art in higher resolutions, seems Apple didn't find the blurry album art insert very appealing.

Reactions: hojx

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
That actually seems much preferable to how it is currently. Plus, it looks like they're finally allowing for a sensible minimum column width (something that should really be configurable in the first place)? iTunes 12.4 can be ridiculous in that regard:

columns.png

All in all, Apple seem to be moving in the right direction with the most recent changes to iTunes. The iOS app being another matter with that peculiar choice in font size.

Last edited:

Te0SX

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2014
I really like it! In general itunes is so fast and smooth in Sierra. I love big album art.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.