Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
When I was trying to follow along with the book's text: "selecting the root view controller scene’s view controller object and opening the Identity Inspector (Option+Command+3). Use the Class drop-down menu to pick the GenericViewController."

I did not see this class (I created this subclass in the previous step) in the list for the root view controller. I tried to click on each of the items' hierarchy in object list on the left side of XCODE-- and even clicking different parts of the root view controller in IB, but the class never was available back on the right side (using Option+Command+3). If I typed "GenericViewController directly into the "Class" field, XCODE just beeped at me.

The GenericViewController does show up in the other three objects, referenced in the book, however.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I think I'm just missing a step, but I don't see it.

Thanks,

-m

Ides

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
Generic View Controller

I have never heard of the GenericViewController class. Maybe it means a regular UIViewController? Try just typing UIViewController for the class and see what happens.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I have never heard of the GenericViewController class. Maybe it means a regular UIViewController? Try just typing UIViewController for the class and see what happens.

Right, that was a custom class created in the exercise. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

The problem actually was documented in the book's site "errata". I just got it working (I should have looked there first).

This issue with the navigation controller behavior seems to be yet another thing that changed around (or between) 4.2 and 4.3 of XCODE.

Thanks.

-m

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.