Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrocean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I'm selling my iMac. I just saw someone else selling their exact same computer as mine - purchased one month before I bought mine (11/03) - and they showed 3 black Panther X discs in one of their pics. I do not have these 3 discs. Does anyone know if I should have these 3 discs? Or if these machines may have been sold with different software discs so maybe I simply wouldn't have these? I do have the 3 restore and software reinstall discs.

I know this may sound like a weird question but I just want to make sure I have everything when I sell - that I'm not missing anything. I wouldn't remember if I had the 3 Panther X discs or not as I haven't referred to all the stuff that originally came with my iMac since I bought it. Thanks all.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
mrocean said:
I'm selling my iMac. I just saw someone else selling their exact same computer as mine - purchased one month before I bought mine (11/03) - and they showed 3 black Panther X discs in one of their pics. I do not have these 3 discs. Does anyone know if I should have these 3 discs? Or if these machines may have been sold with different software discs so maybe I simply wouldn't have these? I do have the 3 restore and software reinstall discs.

I know this may sound like a weird question but I just want to make sure I have everything when I sell - that I'm not missing anything. I wouldn't remember if I had the 3 Panther X discs or not as I haven't referred to all the stuff that originally came with my iMac since I bought it. Thanks all.

the three disc are probably from the retail box of panther.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Yeah, they are just selling a retil version of Panther along with the iMac. You have the iMac customised installation disks for Panther on your restore DVD's

Daniel

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.