Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EricFinalFlight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Hey Guys,
First off thanks for stoping by and taking the time to read. So here is my Question, i have a MacBook Air 13-in late 2010, It won't boot and only one beep can be heard. Now i know what that beep means it looks like the ram is not working or just bad, Now getting to my question is there a "Fix" for that issue. Like how the 2008 MacBook Pro's can be "baked" to fix the graphics card issue. Now what i am asking is, is there any fix like that out for the MacBook Air i already went ahead and "baked" it and nothing. So is there any "home remedie" fix a available for this type of issue.

Again i have a late 2010 macbook air 13 in, It won't turn on just a beep one beep.

Thanks

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hey Guys,
First off thanks for stoping by and taking the time to read. So here is my Question, i have a MacBook Air 13-in late 2010, It won't boot and only one beep can be heard. Now i know what that beep means it looks like the ram is not working or just bad, Now getting to my question is there a "Fix" for that issue. Like how the 2008 MacBook Pro's can be "baked" to fix the graphics card issue. Now what i am asking is, is there any fix like that out for the MacBook Air i already went ahead and "baked" it and nothing. So is there any "home remedie" fix a available for this type of issue.

Again i have a late 2010 macbook air 13 in, It won't turn on just a beep one beep.

Thanks

Copy and Pasted - see if it works.
Step 1: Connect your power cord and plug it in if it isn’t already connected. Turn your MacBook Air off.

Step 2: Press the following keys Shift+Control+Option on the left side of the keyboard while simultaneously pressing the Power button on the right side of the keyboard. Hold all these buttons for 5 seconds. This performs an internal hardware reset – you won’t see any activity.

EricFinalFlight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Copy and Pasted - see if it works.
Step 1: Connect your power cord and plug it in if it isn’t already connected. Turn your MacBook Air off.

Step 2: Press the following keys Shift+Control+Option on the left side of the keyboard while simultaneously pressing the Power button on the right side of the keyboard. Hold all these buttons for 5 seconds. This performs an internal hardware reset – you won’t see any activity.

Hey Moshsy,
Thanks for the reply back sadly i have tried and still nothing i know need a new mobo, but i figured if there was any crazy way of fixing this issue, like baking the borad but thanks.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hey Moshsy,
Thanks for the reply back sadly i have tried and still nothing i know need a new mobo, but i figured if there was any crazy way of fixing this issue, like baking the borad but thanks.

I havent heard of any other way to fix this. There are a couple of youtube videos out there showing this exact issue. Check out the comments, there are plenty of solutions posted, some work while most dont. It's worth a shot though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.