Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
OK my mac book was a core duo when I got it now this was in June-August and the core 2 duo came out a short time after that. So if I sent in my macbook to get it's casing replaced cause of discoloring do you think if I asked them to maybe replace the chip to a core 2 duo they would do it? Cause it makes me mad that I got it then a better one comes out for the same price in a short time. I know it's been a long time.

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
Doubt it, mate. Main thing is not to worry about it. The CD2's are somewhere between 8 and 14% faster, on some things. In all honesty, you wouldn't notice the difference in performance. If you haven't had issues with the notebook, other than the discoloration, I would be happy with it. It's likely that they will only replace the case.

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
Apple cant upgrade the processor it is soldered in and even if they could they would not do it for free.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
Yea your right I should of waited a couple of months but Im still getting the case replaced its getting gray. On the inside.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Cristian said:
Yea your right I should of waited a couple of months but Im still getting the case replaced its getting gray. On the inside.
hm. June 1st to Aug 31st is more than 90 days, when did you get it? (not that it matters)

macbook got updated on november 8th, that's 3 to 5 months after you bought yours. what makes you think you are entitled to a upgraded machine for free just because they became available 5 months after you bought it?

edit: it's should have not should of

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.