Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
im trying to force reset my ibooks open firmware password.
thats where you add/remove ram zap the pram and it removes it, but you cant remove the default stick of ram in a ibook correct?
anyway my ibook uses sticks of pc2100 ddr if i recall and if i do need to add ram could i use pc2700 or pc3200
because i know there are used sticks of those t the local computer store where i work part time and im sure i could use one for a few min if i need to

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Why are you trying to reset the password? Did you lose the password? And what is that password for anyway? Either way whatever you are trying to do I have never heard of it before, but I do know that you can use 2700 memory with the iBook. It will only run at 2100 though cause that is the computer's limit.

Anarchy99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
CA
yes i forgot it and that is causeing me troubles
but by changing ram by either adding or removing it and hitting the reset pram command it deletes stuff previously stored in the pram like clock,openfirmware ect.
but i wasnt sure if a higher ram like 2700 or 3200 would be recognized to do this because if i add ram and its not seen then it wont force reset the open firmware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.